Common questions about ORNAC membership:
- Am I a member of ORNAC?
- The Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) is a federation of the provincial Operating Room groups. If you are a member of your provincial Operating Room group, then you are automatically a member of ORNAC. A portion of your membership fee to your province is sent to ORNAC to pay for your provinces membership to ORNAC.
- How do I become a member of ORNAC?
- If you are not a member of your provincial Operating Room group, then you are not considered to be a member of ORNAC. You will have to join your provincial group in order to get ORNAC membership and have access to benefits such as the reduced membership rate for the ORNAC conference.
- What benefits does membership provide?
- Membership to your provincial group offers a variety of benefits such as:
- A subscription to the Canadian Operating Room Nursing Journal (CORNJ)
- Reduced rates at Provincial Conferences
- Reduced rates at National Conferences
- Funding opportunities provincially and nationally
- Access to "Members Only" forum on the ORNAC website
- Provincial Newsletters (not available in all provinces)
- Volunteer Opportunities
Refer to your provincial group for a complete list of membership benefits offered in your region.