The Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) is an organization of Perioperative Registered Nurses & Associates dedicated to the:
- Promotion and advancement of excellence in the provision of safe perioperative care for patients;
- Professional growth, competence & personal enhancement of the ORNAC membership; and
- Progression of perioperative professional practice at a regional, provincial, national & international level.
VISION The leader in perioperative practice & patient safety
The Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) is the leader in perioperative practice & patient safety through a strong, unified national association that enhances and advances the practice of perioperative Registered Nurses & Associates.
CORE VALUES Promotion of Perioperative Excellence
- Leadership: We work together professionally to promote and advance our specialty.
- Knowledge: We recognize and are committed to education, research, and Perioperative Practice Standards as essential components guiding our practice.
- Competency: We advocate for all perioperative registered nurses to become certified through CNA.
- Continuous Quality: We strive to achieve excellence in perioperative practice and activities influencing our association.
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Respect: We recognize the worth, quality, diversity, and importance of each other and the patients we care for.
- Diversity: We collaborate with nurses within our specialty, related organizations/agencies, and other disciplines that impact our practice