Perioperative Nurse Educators of Canada
What is PNEC?
- It is the emerging Perioperative Nurse Educators of Canada (PNEC) group!
- We are working on achieving affiliate group status with the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC)
What are we doing about this idea?
- We have a core group of volunteers interested in moving this project forward; some signed up at the Meeting for Perioperative Educators held in St. John's NL during the 21st National ORNAC conference & others via the group email group many across the country subscribe to.
- There are Draft 3 of the proposed PNEC Bylaws under review presently, July 26, 2009
- There is Draft 1 of the PNEC Mission, Vision & Values under review presently, July 26, 2009
- A logo is in the design phase and once we have a logo, consideration shall be given to creating a PNEC flag
- PNEC hopes to have a presentation along with the 2 documents listed, Bylaws & Mission, Vision & Values ready for the November, 2009 ORNAC Board Meeting
Becoming a Member of PNEC
- If you are a member of your provincial perioperative association you may join now; your provincial association is a member of ORNAC making you a member of ORNAC
- If you do not belong to your provincial association please consider doing so as soon as you are able to do so
PNEC would be delighted to have new members!
There is a section just for educators within the forum on this website. Please register on the ORNAC forum as there is more information to review; it also has interesting information on an array of perioperative issues which may be of interest to you or provide answers to your perioperative questions. Register today!
For further information, register on the forum or contact