Welcome to ORNAC
ORNAC is an Associate member of the Canadian Nursing Association (CNA) and has a membership of over 3500 members.
There are more certified perioperative registered nurses in Canada, than in any other specialty.
ORNAC was officially formed in 1983. The organization is completely managed by volunteers who give of their time to promote educational programs and high standards of operating room nursing practice.
Our values reflect the basic beliefs that are most important to the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada:
ORNAC is a founding member of the International Federation of Perioperative Nurses (IFPN) 1999.
- We recognize and are committed to education and research as essential components guiding our practice and encourage all OR nurses to become certified through CNA.
- We will collaborate with nurses within our specialty, organizations/agencies, and other disciplines that impact our practice.
- We will recognize the worth, quality, diversity, and importance of each other and the patients we care for.
- We will work together to promote and advance our specialty.
- Continuous Quality:
- We will strive to achieve excellence in perioperative practice, and activities influencing our association.